Thursday, December 15, 2011

Illustration #1 and #2


So I've decide to become a children's book illustrator instead of "just getting a job". Brian said pick a career. So I thought about it and did. I have always loved to create. Whether it is art, sewing, planned parties or events. The thought of taking something plain and ordinary and turning it all over and around until it is something different fun new exciting and maybe a little over done! Its what I like to do! I can't just have a party it has to be a themed party with fun activities and themed food and costumes and lots and lots of decorations! Lol! All who know me knows this is all to true.

 So I have this talent of drawing exactly what I see. I found this out one day in my bedroom in Archbold Ohio. I was about 12 years old at the time. I picked up a picture of Disney's Pocahontas and drew the picture exactly how I saw it. And it looked exactly like it. I thought "well hey look at that I can draw pretty good!" I know where this talent came from. My Dad can draw really well! So sad he never really did anything with his talent. Instead he chose to drink his life and everyone away. So to me I think I can't just let this pass away. I can't just let this sit on the shelf and let the years fade on by and do nothing with this thing that I have! There is so much to be done in life. I don't want to "just get a job". I know I will be a very unhappy person in life to just waste away and not do something that I truly love!

 I had always loved art in school that was the only subject that I really excelled in. Then I went to Four County Vocational School. That was fun but I was not happy with all the advertising stuff we learned about. I wanted to just create art! Then I was told I should think about college so I did. I won some advertising contests in VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America) that were held at Terra Community College. So I looked into it and that was the only closest college that taught Graphics like Commercial Art in the area. Even though I was unhappy with advertising I thought that was probably the only money making career that was art related that I could go into. I completed a year but was not motivated to go back because of my lack of true love to the career.

I met Brian a year later got married, had the kids, watched them grow up and now here I am. They are at school now everyday and Momma is left at home alone till 3pm. I have played with art over the years. Kids are very inspiring. I played with photography after Alex was born but did not want to be a photographer its to much to learn. So I drew some more. I also got into Genealogy. That is fun I really have become to love history. I especially developed a love for sewing from vintage patters from the 40's-60's. But you can't really make money sewing things and selling them plus I am not really using the drawing talent unless I got into fashion design but nay. Not me.

So I thought about Illustration. And now Here we are I have researched it and I am going for it!

Here are my first two Pastel drawings right out of my own brain. I did not look at any thing like usual. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment