Thursday, January 12, 2012

Illustration #7 and #8




Watercolor & Ink with a little touch of colored pencil.

2012 the year of the Dragon! I was driving the other day and was doodling in my head a dragon fly so I drew this picture.

I love this little artist mouse! :)

I have just started to try out this medium. I still need a lot of practice. I am not "one of the greats". Lol! I remember using watercolor back in school but didn't really care for it at the time. I am really enjoying it now! I think it is more fun than pastels. I can get a lot more detail in. Both of these I thought up on my own with out looking at any thing. I have never really done that in the past. If I was going to be drawing something I would copy it from a picture. Either I took it or someone else did. I never really let my mind go and just come up with things. So I feel pretty free and open to let myself explore my own crazy mind. See what I can come up with. So many times I have seen something and thought how that would make such a neat picture. I take a picture of it but never do anything with it. I will have to go back do that some time.
I am so excited! I sent off my first round of Art Samples to Publishers! :) I hope I hear something back!

No comments:

Post a Comment